1. What sex do I want and why?
2. What personality in a dog would fit best with my families personality and lifestyle?
3. What personality would do best if I have toddlers or young children?
4. Do I want a dog for companion, sport, show, work, or more than one of these?
5. Am I looking for a breeding standard dog and do I totally understand the responsibilities, time and commitment ahead for a top notch breeding program?
6. What history, care and socialization did these pups have during the critical periods of pup development? (4 to 7 weeks of age)
7. Can I meet the parents? That is who I'm really buying. Do their personalities line up with the ideal match for our family? Will I be able to find out? What kind of history the ancestors have?
8. How important is personality, conformation, pedigree, price, color and breeder reputation in my selection?